Before submitting a proposal, please be sure that Eisenbrauns is the appropriate publisher for your work, and follow the guidelines given below.
What to Include in Your Proposal
- Name and contact information
- Brief description of the book (1–2 pages)
- Chapter outline (including titles and brief descriptions of each chapter)
- Original contributions to or interventions in the field
- Apparatus (indexes, bibliographies)
- Interaction with complementary studies
- Description of the intended audience/market considerations
- Status of the work, including date by which the manuscript will be complete; whether the book is related to a dissertation and, if so, a detailed explanation outlining how it is being revised for publication; length of the manuscript in words, including notes and bibliography; number and type (color, b/w, maps, tables, etc.) of illustrations, if any
- A curriculum vitae or resume
We prefer to receive proposals electronically but request that you first please send a brief e-mail query to before sending the full proposal.
If you prefer to submit your proposal via the U.S. Postal Service or other mail carrier, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope and send to:
c/o Penn State University Press
820 North University Drive
University Support Building 1, Suite C
University Park, PA 16802-1003
Subscribe to our mailing list and be notified about new titles, journals and catalogs.