Before submitting a proposal, please be sure that Eisenbrauns is the appropriate publisher for your work, and follow the guidelines given below.
What to Include in Your Proposal
- An abstract or a description of your manuscript (1-2 pages)
- Length of the manuscript in words, including notes and bibliography
- Number and type (color, b/w, maps, tables, etc.) of illustrations, if any
- Date by which the manuscript will be complete
- Table of contents
- Introduction or sample chapter
- Description of the intended audience/market
- A curriculum vitae or resume
We prefer to receive proposals electronically but request that you first please send a brief e-mail query to before sending the full proposal.
If you prefer to submit your proposal via the U.S. Postal Service or other mail carrier, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope and send to:
c/o Penn State University Press
820 North University Drive
University Support Building 1, Suite C
University Park, PA 16802-1003